- Teachers: Log in to Unifrog to access resources linking Careers to your Subject area or Staff Team>Careers>Files
- Form tutors: Personal statement support: Go to Teams>Y11 Team> Careers&Post16>Files>Personal Statement
- Students: Log in to Unifrog and check your Year Team> Careers channel for regular updates and resources
Careers and Post 16
Parents/Carers Post-16 Chesterton and beyond
Careers Journey at a glance
- Please click on this image to enlarge it.
- Click here to download a pdf version you can keep
This is a very helpful website for parents and carers aimed at helping you understand the world of careers to further support your child: http://www.parentalguidance.org.uk/
Making an appointment to see a Careers Adviser
Juliet Martin is our Guidance Adviser. If you would like an appointment with her, please see Mr Desbois, especially if you are concerned or unsure about what to do when you leave Chesterton
Writing a Personal Statement
Your Personal Statement is an important part of your College application. It should be typed up in font Times New Roman size 12 and fit on one side of A4. You should have your personal statement completed and checked by your form tutor before the Christmas Holidays. Once checked you may upload it the Mychoice@16 website. Click on the links below for advice and examples on how to write your Personal Statement.
Applying for Post-16 – Further Education
In order to go to one of the Post 16 Centres, you will be required to complete an application form online using mychoice@16 site https://www.mychoice16.co.uk. You will start to complete this during your Year 11 Post 16 day in October. Please use the mychoice@16 student training Sway below to help you.
For help, speak to 1. Your form tutor; 2. Mr Desbois
Local Further Education Establishments
The main local Further Education establishments are listed below. Click on the links below to visit the different College websites.