Whom to contact if you are concerned about your child

  1. Specific subject issue – subject teacher
  2. General subject issue – head of the subject area
  3. General issue (e.g. progress, punctuality, homework, friendship) – your child’s tutor
  4. General and very serious issue – Head of Year (Year 7 students), Head of House (Year 8-11 students)

Some examples

  1. You would like to comment on the general work students are doing in a subject – contact the head of the subject area
  2. Your child is having some difficulties in a specific subject, for example they are unable to do a homework that has been set – contact your child’s subject teacher in the subject concerned
  3. Your child is struggling in a number of subjects – contact your child’s tutor
  4. Your child is having friendship issues and is feeling lonely – contact your child’s tutor
  5. You are concerned that your child is in all the wrong teaching groups – contact the Head of Year (if your child is in Year 7) or Head of House (if your child is in Year 8-11) and your child’s tutor
  6. There is a very serious home situation that you would like to make the school aware of – contact the Head of Year (if your child is in Year 7) or Head of House (if your child is in Year 8-11)

STUDENTS – CLICK HERE for information if you are concerned about your health and welfare

Below is a list of contacts and websites, with a variety of information, for supporting your child with a wide range of concerns.

Sources of Help and Support

Breaking Free (Survivors of child sexual abuse)   020 8648 3500

Cambridgeshire County Council Staff Counselling Scheme 01223 699232

Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre     01223 245888 (Helpline)

Choices (for those whose lives are affected by childhood sexual abuse)      01223 416616

CRUSE (Bereavement care)     0870 167 1677

Child Death Helpline      0800 282986

Domestic Violence National Helpline (Women’s Aid)  0808 2000 247

Domestic Violence (Male) Advice and Enquiry Line  0845 064 6800

Family and Divorce Centre (Cambridge)    01223 576308

Family Matters (Helpline and counselling for victims of abuse) 01474 537392

Forced Marriage Unit (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) 020 7008 0151

Honour Network (helpline for victims of forced marriage& honour-based violence)     0800 5999247

MOSAC  (Mothers of Sexually Abused Children)   0800 980 1958

NSPCC        0808 800 5000 (free)

NSPCC (Text phone for deaf and hearing impaired)  0800 056 0566

NSPCC (Asian child protection helpline)    0800 096 7729

Parentline Plus       0808 800 2222

Samaritans       08457 909090

Survivors UK (male victims of sexual abuse)   020 7833 3737

24 hour Teacher Support Helpline    08000 562 561

Young Minds – Parents’ Information Service   0800 018 2138

Helpful Websites

Adult Safeguarding For advice on safeguarding vulnerable young people over the age of 18 – www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/social/adultprot/

Frank- drugs information-  www.talktofrank.com

CRUSE – promotes and supports well-being of bereaved – http://www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk


Beatbullying – www.beatbullying.co.uk

Cambridgeshire Local Safeguarding Children Board – www.cambslscb.org.uk

Peterborough Safeguarding Children Board – www.peterboroughlscb.org.uk

Parent and family support

Carers of family, partners or friends – www.carers.org  and http://www.youngcarers.net/

Contact A Family – Promotes support between families caring for children with disability – http://www.cafamily.org.uk/

Family Lives and Parentline Plus – national charity that works for, and with, parents – http://www.familylives.org.uk/

Home-Start – support, advice and practical help to families – www.home-start.org.uk

Child Sexual Exploitation

Barnardos – www.barnardos.org

UK Human Trafficking Centre – www.ukhtc.org

Citizens Advice Bureau – advice about legal, money and other issues – www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Domestic Violence

Womens Aid – working to end domestic violence against women and children – http://www.womensaid.org.uk/

Support for children and young people living with domestic violence www.thehideout.org.uk

Alcohol and Drugs

Drinksense – support for young people and families with alcohol related problems – www.drinksense.org

Drugs and Alcohol Service – Cambridgeshire Adolescent Substance Use Service (CASUS) – www.cambsdaat.org

Other Services

Eating Disorders – Beating eating disorders – www.b-eat.co.uk

Female Genital Mutilation – NSPCC 24 hour helpline – contact anonymously on 0800 028 3550 or email .

Forced Marriage Unit – Foreign & Commonwealth Office – www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/things-go-wrong/forced-marriage

Internet safety

Think U Know – Internet, mobile phone and technology safety for children – www.thinkuknow.co.uk

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre – protecting children from sexual abuse and making the internet a safer place – www.ceop.gov.uk

Kidsmart – internet safety website – www.kidsmart.org.uk

Kidscape  – preventing bullying and child abuse – www.kidscape.org.uk

Internet Watch Foundation – the UK hotline for reporting criminal online content – www.iwf.org.uk

Parenting in the Digital Age – www.pitda.co.uk

Mental Health

MIND – information and advice about mental health issues – www.mind.org.uk

Young Minds – charity committed to improving mental health of children and young people – http://www.youngminds.org.uk/

Health and Wellbeing

NSPCC – www.nspcc.org.uk

Samaritans – confidential emotional support 24 hours per day – www.samaritans.org.uk

Self Harm

HOPElineUK – prevention of young suicide – 0870 170 4000 – www.papyrus-uk.org

Sexual Abuse

Stop it Now! – public information and awareness raising campaign regarding child sexual abuse – www.stopitnow.org.uk

Mpower – Supporting Male Survivors of abuse – www.male-rape.org.uk

National Association for People Abused in Childhood – www.napac.org.uk

Survivors UK – male rape and sexual abuse – www.survivorsuk.org

Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre – www.cambridgerapecrisis.co.uk

Sexual Health

Integrated contraception and sexual health service for Cambridgeshire www.icash.nhs.uk