Students – Are you concerned about your health and welfare?


Who to contact if you are concerned…

  1. Specific subject issue – subject teacher
  2. General issue (e.g. progress, punctuality, homework, friendship) –Form tutor or member of staff you trust
  3. General and very serious issues – Head of Year (Year 7 students), Head of House (Year 8-11 students)

If you would like to see the School Nurse or Youth Worker, please speak to your Form Tutor or a member of staff you trust in order for a referral to be made. Alternatively, if you do not wish to discuss your concerns with a member of staff, there are lots of links below which contain useful advice.



Health and wellbeing links for students

Centre 33  (counselling support your students)     01223 316488

Children’s Legal Centre      01206 873820

Childline (24 hour helpline for children)    0800 1111 (free)

Forced Marriage Unit (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) 020 7008 0151

Honour Network (helpline for victims of forced marriage& honour-based violence)     0800 5999247

Hopeline UK (prevention of young suicide)     0870 170 4000

NSPCC        0808 800 5000 (free)

NSPCC (Text phone for deaf and hearing impaired)  0800 056 0566

NSPCC (Asian child protection helpline)    0800 096 7729

Samaritans       08457 909090

Stars: Bereavement Support Services for the  Young in Cambridgeshire       01223 863511

Prevention of young suicide UK – PAPYRUS:

ChildLine spotlight report on suicide:

Helpful Websites

Bereaved young people – website for bereaved young people provide by CRUSE –

Frank- drugs information-

Stars: Bereavement Support Services for the Young in Cambridgeshire –

CRUSE – promotes and supports well-being of bereaved –


Beatbullying –

Cambridgeshire Local Safeguarding Children Board –

Peterborough Safeguarding Children Board –

Parent and family support

Carers of family, partners or friends –  and

Childline –

Children’s Legal Centre – concerned with law and policy affecting children and young –

Child Sexual Exploitation

Barnardos –

Domestic Violence

Support for children and young people living with domestic violence

Teenage Relationship Abuse –

Drinksense – support for young people and families with alcohol related problems –

Drugs and Alcohol Service – Cambridgeshire Adolescent Substance Use Service (CASUS) –

Eating Disorders – Beating eating disorders –

Female Genital Mutilation – NSPCC 24 hour helpline – contact anonymously on 0800 028 3550 or email .

Forced Marriage Unit – Foreign & Commonwealth Office –

Internet safety

Think U Know – Internet, mobile phone and technology safety for children –

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre – protecting children from sexual abuse and making the internet a safer place –

Kidsmart – internet safety website –

Kidscape  – preventing bullying and child abuse –

Mental Health

Young Minds – charity committed to improving mental health of children and young people –

Health and Wellbeing  (Key Stage 4) (Key stage 4)


For children and young people &

Samaritans – confidential emotional support 24 hours per day –

Self Harm

Site for young people  –   (Key Stage 4)

HOPElineUK – prevention of young suicide – 0870 170 4000 –

Sexual Health

CCard scheme –

Integrated contraception and sexual health service for Cambridgeshire