Projects We Fund
The money that the PTA raises is spent on projects that the school cannot fund – they are outside the normal school budget. These projects are of two types: the big projects or the faculty funding applications. The decisions about what the PTA raises money for or funds are made at the PTA meetings where all parents, carers and teachers are welcome, and in consultation with the Chesterton’s senior management team. So, please come to the PTA meetings to have your say!
Due to covid restrictions, we aren’t able to fundraise in our usual ways, so we’re asking everyone to consider making a donation via bank transfer. Donations of any size are gratefully received.
If you’d like to donate, click here for everything you need to make a monthly donation or a one time gift…and don’t forget to complete the online Gift Aid form at the bottom of the linked page – the PTA will be able to claim an extra 25% of your donation from the government!
Giving Money to School Departments
Every term we give up to £3,000 to staff and students in response to requests from staff and Student Voice. For example, money raised by the PTA and a recent non-uniform day is buying the school a much-needed new piano, or helps to fund the school newspaper.
In the last few years we have:
- In summer term 2021 the PTA raised £5,000 in order to unlock a further £45,000 in funding from the Wolfson Foundation to refurbish a science classroom. We are incredibly grateful to all the parents, carers, family and friends who made one-off and monthly donations to meet this goal and allow the school to go ahead with this exciting improvement! Learn more about the project.
- PTA helped the school raise £20,000 for the new Climbing Wall in the Sports Centre which will help make more money for the school and ALL its students!
- Funded the employment of an SEN specialist, helping students identified with dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
- Given £3,000 to students for projects chosen by Student Voice, including sofas for the library, a plaque for Joe Herrington, refreshments at the Joe Herrington Memorial match and a chewing gum bin.
- Purchased a minibus for the college, which facilitates school trips and team events for the students.
- Bought a sound and lighting system for the Performing Arts department that has been used extensively in college productions and other events.
- Restored and improved the Wynn-Williams Garden with new planting and picnic tables. Many thanks to a team from Tesco who came along for a day and did a great job.
- Refurbished the Farnsworth Hall.
- Sponsored the creation of a garden, named in memory of a former Chair of the PTA David Wynn-Williams.