Support the PTA
There are many ways you can support the PTA – and by helping the PTA you’re helping your child’s school. Most of these won’t take much time, but make a big difference:
1) Raise (free) donations every time you shop:
Amazon – If you are shopping on Amazon please start at smile.amazon.co.uk On your first visit, you can designate “Chesterton Community College Parent & Teacher Association” as your chosen charity – and they’ll donate a portion of every qualifying purchase to the PTA.
Online – If you are shopping more generally online please start at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ or download the easy fundraising app. Again on your first visit you can select Chesterton PTA as your charity. You can access most major online stores via the link or app and a portion of your purchase(s) is donated to the PTA.
The Co-op – Please download the Co-op app or visit https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/49727 to become a member. Once you are a member you can select Chesterton PTA as your charity then every time you buy online or in a shop and show your membership card a donation will be made to the PTA.
2) Attend a meeting, help us decide how to spend the money that is raised and connect with staff and other parents.
3) Volunteer – we’re always looking for help! Most jobs only take an hour or two, but can have a real impact on our work. At the moment, the PTA is especially looking for parents/carers with experience in communications and marketing, design and fundraising. In the future we’ll need volunteers to help out with events again – helping with the Christmas and Summer Fairs, quiz nights, ets is a great way to do good and have fun.
4) Give – whether you want to make a one-off donation, or would like to set up a standing order, all donations are very much appreciated and will be used to fund important projects at school. If you’re a UK taxpayer, donations to the PTA are eligible for Gift Aid, so your donation can go even further.
5) Join the committee – The PTA needs a new chair, secretary and treasurer every two years. You just need to commit a few hours every month to helping the PTA, and it’s a great way to get involved with Chesterton.
If you’d like any more information, please do contact the PTA on firstname.lastname@example.org