Support the PTA
There are many ways you can support the PTA and the best place to start is by coming to a meeting to find out a bit more about current projects and events and how you might be able to pitch in. We’re always looking for new ideas to bring us together and raise valuable funds to benefit the school.
Most of these won’t take much time, but make a big difference:
1) Give – The easist way to support CCC PTA is by giving via our Enthuse Page. You can make one-off donations, monthly recurring donations, or support campaigns for specific projects. You can even set up your own fundraising challenges!
If you’re a UK taxpayer, donations to the PTA are eligible for Gift Aid, so your donation can go even further.
All donations are hugely appreciated and every penny is spent on projects and equippemt to enahnce every students’ experiences at school. Please do take a few minutes to have a look: https://chestertoncc.enthuse.com/profile
2) If you would prefer to donate by setting up a standing order please find out more here.
3) Raise (free) donations every time you shop:
Online – If you are shop online please start at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ or download the easy fundraising app. On your first visit you can select Chesterton PTA, Cambridge as your charity. You can access most major online stores via the link or app and a portion of your purchase(s) is donated to the PTA.
Amazon – If you are shopping on Amazon please start at smile.amazon.co.uk On your first visit, you can designate “Chesterton Community College Parent & Teacher Association” as your chosen charity – and they’ll donate a portion of every qualifying purchase to the PTA.
The Co-op – Please download the Co-op app or visit https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/49727 to become a member. Once you are a member you can select Chesterton PTA as your charity then every time you buy online or in a shop and show your membership card a donation will be made to the PTA.
4) Attend a meeting, help us decide how to spend the money that is raised and connect with staff and other parents.
5) Volunteer – we’re always looking for help! Most jobs only take an hour or two, but can have a real impact on our work. At the moment, the PTA is especially looking for parents/carers with experience in communications and marketing, design and fundraising. In the future we’ll need volunteers to help out with events again – helping with the Christmas and Summer Fairs, quiz nights, etc is a great way to do good and have fun.
6) Join the committee – The PTA needs a new chair, secretary and treasurer every two years. You just need to commit a few hours every month to helping the PTA, and it’s a great way to get involved with Chesterton.